Background

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fall Projects!

     Since I'm at home all day, I'm looking for things to do. After I finish all my organization projects from this post, these are some of the things I have on my to-do list.


     I have a round accent table that I painted waaaay back in high school art class. Love the way I painted it, but it's really bright, orange and red and blue, and doesn't match anything I have. So I want to re-do it where I can actually use it.
     My idea at the moment is to sand it down to the bare wood, and then paint a design on in different colors of wood stain so it'll look more natural and match any color. The design I think I'm going with is a star quilt pattern, something like this, except without the really light and almost black.



    I also want to do a chair like this one I found on Pinterest, except without the gray stripe. Just the wood stencil against the solid color.


 
Branches sprayed and sprinkled with glitter. I think these would look so pretty in a vase for Christmas!


Pumpkins sprayed and glittered. Maybe a few of these and a few just white ones...pretty pretty fall decor!



I want to make one of these for our foyer or our kitchen. We always have a ton of sticky notes of to-do and shopping lists, and our fridge is always covered with pictures and memos and basically everything. So one of these would add a little class to our chaos.

 
Glittered Christmas lights...would be cute in a vase!

I have this newfound attraction to Christmas lights. I so want to do this for some of my gifts!

Pretty simple gift wrapping...since I'm the designated wrapper at my house :)

Confetti on double sided tape. This would be cute with Chrismas colored confetti too, or wrapped diagonally.

 
     Again, once I get these done, if they turn out good there will be pics to post. I'm hoping to make a whole post about redoing the table...it'll be quite a process! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment