Background

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Thrifty Finds!

     I have had an uncommonly good week of shopping this week. Usually if you go in a store just to look, you never find anything, but I've hit the jackpot several times!



     First at Tuesday Morning. I don't shop here often, but if I'm bored I like to see what all kind of neat things they have. It's never the same two times you go, so you never get bored. Normally I go straight for their glassware - I have this thing for crystalware and interesting wine glasses, and I've been looking for two specific glasses for a while - but I didn't find any that just tickled my fancy. So as I was browsing around, I happened upon this lovely -

It was on the clearance rack, which at Tuesday Morning is like last call of shopping.

It's even prettier out of the box. And you know why it was clearanced out? One of the mirror tiles had come loose and needed glueing back in. I think I can handle a little superglue for a great deal!

Originally $90, clearanced out for $20. I'll buy that.

I also found a fancy immersion blender, and I've been looking for one for ages. Actually, I had one when I lived in my apartment, but in the moving process it got lost somehow and I found another at a price I liked.

I like that price. 


     A few days later I was in Hobby Lobby poking around, and they had a mega sale on some of their furniture and decor stuff. I mean, it's always on some kind of sale at Hobby Lobby, but this was like 70% off. I fell in love with these two little tables, and they just had to come home with me :)

Table number one, just a little side table, but it had that awesome band of glitz around the top I just loved. I have a place in my room that's just perfect for it.

Table number one's price. For a table I don't have to do anything creative to and it's already fabulous I LOVE that price!

Table number two is even cooler, distressed black iron. I thought at first it was a set of three tables...

Table in it's compact form...

But it actually pulls out into a step-down table! 

Isn't that awesome? I have no idea where it's going yet, but I knew it was going in my house somewhere!



     Last but not least was actually a Wal-Mart find. We started canning tomatoes last week, and this week we've moved on to salsa. My mom found a brand name food processor, the big one with all the attachments, on sale for $30! Those things are normally like $70. So I went back today and got me one! There's no way I'll ever be able to find one that nice and cheap ever again! So I reckon I'll just have a food processor to add to my hope chest...hope attic-full more like! I stopped being able to fit all my stuff in a chest a LONG time ago :)

If yall want one, you better go quick! They only had a few left, so go now and maybe you'll get lucky!




No comments:

Post a Comment