Background

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Classified Ad: Dobro for Sale!

     Hello readers! This isn't my usual post type, but bear with me for a few.

     I'm have an expensive, beautiful dobro that I bought year before last in a moment of creativity or insanity, whichever you prefer to think of me as, and I have yet to do anything amazing with it. I bought it thinking it would be unique to play and easier on the fingertips than learning to play guitar (and it is), and thinking that with all the free time I had it would take no time to pick it up.
     However, in the last two years my life has been nothing short of constant chaos, making it a little difficult to devote the kind of time you need to practicing learning a new instrument. Also, the dobro didn't exactly fit my bill of a versatile instrument (there aren't many dobro parts in contemporary Christian music, for example, and it's not much of a one-man-band instrument - you're pretty much always someone's harmony part or background).
     So, my dad suggested that I put it up for sale and try my hand at something else for a while.

     What we have here is a Gold Tone Paul Beard PBS-D Signature Series squareneck dobro/resonator guitar. It was set up by Paul Beard in shop, label is signed by him. Maple body, ebony fingerboard with deluxe inlay. Comes with pickup installed, Gold Tone hard case, dobro slide, and beginner book/DVD. Bought new, and has been played maybe twice since I brought it home.
     MSRP on this is $973, and the case retails for $138. I'm offering these together, $700, with all the accessories. If you're in North MS and want to look at it and/or play around on it before making a decision, I can arrange for that to happen.

Full body of dobro


Close up of keys and detail

Inlay on neck and fretboard

More inlay detail

Dobro and case


No comments:

Post a Comment