Background

Monday, December 31, 2012

Last Book post of 2012!

     I almost can't believe that I've actually kept an actual list of every single book I've read this year. And it wasn't hard, or annoying, or even a 'challenge' at all! To be honest, I'm going to feel kind of strange this next year when I stop keeping my running list all month long. I'll have to find something else to blog about on a schedule though...as busy as my life is, if I don't have that set schedule coming around regularly, I won't ever remember to blog about anything!

     Most of this post's reading has been done in the last week. I had Christmas eve and Christmas day off from work (hallelujah!), so aside from doing our traditional family Christmas things and napping, I got a fair bit of reading done. I took a day off Thursday because I had a routine doctor's appointment to work out some details with my migraine treatment, so more time to catch up on reading. This weekend I've been sick at home with the crud, so watching Redbox DVDs and reading is about as spiffy as I feel like getting.

November and December

The Pillars of Creation - Terry Goodkind
Naked Empire - Terry Goodkind
Chainfire - Terry Goodkind
Phantom - Terry Goodkind
Confessor - Terry Goodkind  
     I finally finished that audiobook series! That was a long one!
The Dark Enquiry - Deanna Raybourn
Secrets of a Lady - Tracy Grant
The Mask of Night - Tracy Grant
Reflected in You - Sylvia Day
Bared to You - Sylvia Day
The Bloodletter's Daughter - Linda Lafferty 
     This book was my favorite! Very well written, great characters.
Redeeming Love - Francine Rivers  (yes, again...)
Wicked - Gregory Maguire
Two Graves - Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
The Joy Luck Club - Amy Tan
     This one disappointed me. So many great reviews, and the book fell a little flat.
Brooklyn - Colm Toinbin

So, drumroll please........................................

This list of 16 books puts my total of read books for 2012 at 119! Quite a few, I think. And I enjoyed (just about) every one! I definitely recommend you all to keep up with your books next year. It might surprise you what you turn to when you're bored, what you never ever read, and what your favorites really are!


No comments:

Post a Comment