Background

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Summer Book List

     Oh me oh my! I think somebody pushed the fast-forward button through the whole summer, because I'm pretty sure just last week it was the end of May. I've been so busy I can't half remember what all I've done! But lucky for y'all many pictures were taken so if I don't remember, I have help!
     Just in case you haven't been keeping up, June 8th - 21st I was on a mission trip with my Sunday school class out West...pretty much EVERYWHERE out West! I think we totaled up eleven states that we ended up in before calling it quits - and one of those (Idaho) we're still not quite sure how we got there...oops! Blogs will be coming for that trip as soon as we get all of our pictures organized. My birthday was July 2, and Molly, Meagan, and Bethany took me out for a girl's night of dinner, dessert, and Magic Mike. At home, we've ripped up and replaced the dining room floor, begun our extensive 'Project Patio' addition - which will keep us occupied well into next year, and been deep cleaning and organizing like crazy! And other than that, my job(s) has kept me busy busy busy! I'm amazed that I even have a book list for June and July at all!


JUNE/JULY
In the Company of Others - Jan Karon
Redeeming Love - Francine Rivers (re-read, it's a good book)
Traveling Light - Max Lucado
A Lineage of Grace - Francine Rivers
Cry to Heaven - Anne Rice
The Red Tent - Anita Diamant
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffeneger
The Feast of All Saints - Anne Rice
The Weeping Chamber - Sigmund Brouwer
Handle with Care - Jodi Picoult
The Portrait of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
King Solomon's Mines - H. Rider Haggard
The Canterbury Ghost - Oscar Wilde
House Rules - Jodi Picoult
The Vow - Kim and Krickett Carpenter and Dana Wilkerson
Black Beauty - Anna Sewell
A Little Princess - Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett 
     (Don't judge, I found a new audiobook app - for free - that has a bunch of classic books you can download to listen to. I felt a little nostalgic for something old and sweet, and I really just like those books anyway.)


18 books for the summer, total for the year is 77.

1 comment: