Background

Monday, June 27, 2011

Randomocity :)

Haha don't you love that I just made up a word for my title?

It's been an interesting week at the Falkner house. Molly and Mama are in Anaheim, CA for Molly's National HOSA competition. She made the top 25 in the nation! As a first year student too. I'm so proud of my lil sis!

Today (I still count it as Sunday since I haven't gone to bed yet) was my friend Ashley's birthday. 21st birthday, and first birthday as a married lady, so definitely a big day!

This week I got my new computer!!!! :D I've only been saving my money specifically for this for the last year. My ooooolllllddddd dinosaur Dell that I bought the month before I started college, well, it's barely dragging it's last leg these days. Plus, it's got something like a 17" screen, weighs more than a Physicians Desk Reference (that's a lot!), and the battery life sucks. I've already replaced the battery once and the charger twice, so I thought it was about time for an upgrade.

My new laptop is a baby Gateway, so small its almost a netbook. It's just under 14", but still is big enough for a DVD/CD drive. Built in webcam/mic for Skyping, tons of free software, great memory space (I grew up with a computer whiz dad so I know what to look for in a really good computer), great graphics specs. I got it on refurb from Best Buy, which normally I would be wary of just for warranty purposes, but if anything breaks when I'm in Ecuador, what good is a year's warranty anyway? I'm much happier with the price tag, only $480!

Now I just have to get used to it! I've used my Dell for so long it's like trying to switch to writing with my left hand. Instead of Windows XP, I have Windows 7. I have newer versions of stuff like Microsoft Works and the DVD player I use. I think the worst thing is the new keyboard. I'm all the time pushing this one key that activates the 'social network' function. It pulls up like five popups of Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, all over my screen! I'm trying my best to find out how to disable it!

This week is going to be busy busy busy as well! Tomorrow I have a haircut/trim. I'm always apprehensive about those, just because my hair is one of my biggest struggles as far as appearance. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to just thin the bottom layers of my hair and maybe trim up my layers...we'll see how it turns out. Mom and Molly come home tomorrow night, really ready for that!

Tuesday Molly has Senior pictures. I can't believe she's that old already!!! But I know we're all going to have a ball with Jodi Forsyth, her photographer, and Molly is super excited. Wednesday is my friend Ashley's (another one, haha) birthday! I know she's excited!

Thursday I leave for Key West!!! Me, Ashley and her fiancée Paul, Jacob, Thomas and Ashley, our fearless leader Debo, and her son and our unofficial mascot Will all pull out bright and early for a LOT of driving and a lot of fun! Another high point for our trip, Saturday happens to be my 22nd birthday! Just a fabulous trip all around! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Ya'll have soo much fun! :)

    Happy Early Birthday!

    ReplyDelete