Background

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cool photos this week

     I'm definitely over the stigma of camera = gringa. Actually, it's more that I've realized that with my really odd looks (for here), I pretty much equal gringa anyway, so pulling out my camera and snapping away can't make the people stare at me any harder than they already do haha. More's the better for you!
     The other day, I walked home a different way than I usually do, and got some really cool pics out of it. Aren't you glad?

Most places have iron gates they can shut over their doors at night and during siesta (the unnaturally long lunch hour-and-a-half). I walked by this one place that reminded me of an old country store - painted white boards, old Coke signs, and this really pretty iron gate. This is a close up of the detail.
   
Long close-up shot.

Old Coke signs in Spanish


This was a gorgeous sunset me and Laura saw walking home one evening. I was lucky to catch so much sky without telephone wires!

Really neat building facade. I think it might be a restaurant? But this little log portico thing is just stuck in the middle of a block of normal buildings, in the middle of Macas. Weird, huh?

They look like perennials, but it's acually some kind of tree.


Some kind of shrub or tall grass, but I liked the hot pink stripey effect.

On our way back to school Wednesday, the mountain almost looked smokey with the clouds coming off it.


No comments:

Post a Comment