Background

Thursday, April 5, 2012

(Belated) What's Happening Wednesday


I absolutely made that blog title up, just because that's what I'm writing about today!
(I did start writing this before midnight, and it is all about my Wednesday, so just because I technically finished on Thursday I'm just going to pretend I didn't.)


     I had a pretty darn fabulous day today! First off this morning, I had a job interview at American Flooring in Saltillo. They're wanting someone who has some design experience to assist customers with picking out flooring and can to read plans to make sure they're getting the right amouts and sizes. They also want that person to have some business and office experience to do paperwork, filing orders and purchase forms, do a little bookkeeping, that kind of thing. It seemed like a job that was specifically tailored for someone like me...a little bit of a God thing?
     This has been a really whirlwind deal for me - I faxed them a resume yesterday morning, they called me about it yesterday afternoon, and I met with them this morning. I've never gone through the whole process that fast, but I'm not knocking it! Anyway, the interview was AMAZING!!! Best interview I think I've ever had. I was the first person they'd interviewed, and they were only looking at a couple more. I'm supposed to find out something either tomorrow or Friday, so pray and keep your fingers crossed for me! I'm excited!


     I had to go hunt for a pair of capris after my interview, but while I was shopping I just couldn't resist this little find. It's the most comfortable, soft, summer shirt I think I've ever had. I got it in white, and it looks great with a colored tank underneath. Only $10 at Old Navy!



     Church had an added bonus tonight too. After church one of my friends, Paul Hendrix - he's my friend Ashley McGee (now Hendrix)'s husband, announced that this week he got saved! Amazing news for us to hear. I can't wait to see what God has in store for this sweet couple. Love you guys!



     And after church tonight, I had to run an errand to Pontotoc, so I thought my day should end on a good note since it's gone so well. Mama, Molly, and me stopped at Baskin Robbins and indulged in calorie laden goodness! I got my favorite - a cookies and cream milkshake!


     The next project on the docket for me is this: making my earbuds untangleable. I generally keep my earbuds either in one of the pockets of my purse or in a drawer of my nightstand, and either way they're pretty much always ending up in a wad that takes me forever to get undone. I had some work done on my teeth and jaw that changed the shape of my ear, so I can't wear just any pair of headphones and the ones I have are generally not cheap. I have two, and I think I'm going to go ahead and tangle-proof my expensive pair. At Hobby Lobby the other day, I bought some embroidery thread in pretty brown, tan, and shimmery champagne colors. You weave the thread around them just like making those bracelets all us girls used to make in middle and high school.



     To close my post today, I'm just going to post some fun stuff I've found on Pinterest lately. I mean, seriously, who doesn't love a good Pin?

Absolutely on my learn-how-to-make list! I love my spoon ring, so I just NEED this :)

My nail polish currently lives in a plastic bucket in one of my bathroom drawers. It's a pain in the butt trying to find the color you're looking for. I'd love to have a pretty wrought iron spice rack like this, and room to put it out!

DIY decorated Swarovsky crystals, using scrapbook paper and Modpodge. If I find these large chandelier crystals somewhere, I'm absolutely making one...or a few...

Wine bottle hanging planters. I have a few old bottles hanging around the kitchen, and I bet I can convince my dad to pull out the Dremel. These would look amazing around a back porch!

Homemade eraseable calendar! Piece of fabric or scrapbook paper, blank calendar written on it, add a cute header or letter, stick it in a frame so you can use dry erase markers on the picture glass.
Mmm...I do love that sweet tea and lemonade. Raised on it from the bottle!

Can I get an amen?

This needs to be blown up poster size and put in every teenage girl's room. My motto as far as worrying about my body.

My all-time favorite quote...pretty much sums it all up, doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I just love this post! You will be the best employee ever! They better hire you! :)

    Love all the quotes and the earbuds. I am in love with pinterest! :)

    ReplyDelete