Background

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pinterest Project: Coin Frame...Completed!

     I've been hanging on to this project for a while, and it's finally done! Yay! 

Original pin

     So here's the thing. I collect coins, specifically coins from other countries. We travel a lot, and it's a cheap, interesting souvenir. I have coins from every continent except Australia. Most countries have very pretty money; we're the exception. So when I found this pin, I loved it! I hated just having all my coins in a dish or container somewhere where nobody could ever see them, and this was perfect for displaying them! 
     I waited on my Dad to get back from his last trip to Africa to call it finished, and good to his word when he got back last week he brought me several new coins from various countries in both Africa and Europe so I could finish off my frame.

It's done! I love the frame I found...best part, I got it on clearance!
I think my black velvet looks much better behind the coins than the original pin's tan color; it makes the coins show up so much better.

Close up! Just in this shot, there are coins from Qatar, Cuba, Ecuador, Belize, Europe, China, Canada, and the US.

This might be my favorite out of all the Pinterest projects I've done! Love love love it!




2 comments:

  1. Fun Fact! I didn't know you collected coins! Such a cute pinterest experiment. LOOKS GREAT!

    ReplyDelete