Background

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Or maybe Macas...

Just when I think I have it easy, God shakes it up. Haha who ever said life was easy was obviously lying! Haha
So I was all set to Skype the Gutierrezes today, the family who run the English school in Macas, Ecuador, telling them sorry but I didn't think they were the place for me. Well, they and the whole situation are TOTALLY not how I pictured it. So I spent an hour on Skype with them instead, asking questions and getting more and more interested.
Macas isn't as large as Guayaquil, only about 25,000 people, but still has good medical facilities and grocery stores, Internet, all the stuff I'd like to have. It being smaller, it's safer and has more of a community feel. Their school is a Christian based school, around 400 kids from preschool to graduating. If I went to work, I wouldn't necessarily have to be teaching. I could, for example, help with the littler kids who don't get as much 'teach' time. I'd be living in a house with a few other female volunteers, one of which is actually from
Mississippi and I know through mutual acquaintances. Pro to this location, I wouldnt have to swap out at Christmas for another location/job.
So now, I have a decision to make. Faaaabulous! Haha well, at least they're both good choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment