Background

Thursday, August 25, 2011

BEST view in Ecuador!

     Today, Laura's Mom was going back home to Mississippi, so on our lunch break before they had to hit the airport, they went back to get pictures of the river I had no idea was behind my house. I went along to be the official mother/daughter photographer, and I think I got the best end of the deal.
     Folks, this HAS to be the most beautiful sight in Ecuador. Literally two blocks from my apartment, two blocks from taxis running by at 50 mph, from three story aparment buildings, from all the noise and smells and everything, you run smack into jungle, and a block of that later, you fall off a cliff.
    
     Literally.

     The land just ends, in this magnificent river canyon, with a mountain range vista on the other side. Breathtaking. No camera on Earth could possibly capture this view.

     But I still pulled out my Canon and tried anyway!

View behind Macas, on the way to the river view

View of what I call Mount Macas, but it's actually called Kílamo (sp?).
Roommate pic!

Begin the Jungle! I half expected to encounter a Mowgli...

This I was told is, funny enough, is called Camarón. In English, Shrimp Plant.

Gorgeous peach hibiscus.


The bouganvillea was ginormous. This bunch was probably the size of a large labrador.

Don't know what this is, some kind of bromeliad maybe, but it grows to a pretty good sized yard-tree, and they're everywhere!

Baby bananas.

Bamboo...about forty feet tall!

 The river! This is the widest part of the river, but the canyon is probably a mile across or more.

 Me :)

 Gorgeous Andes mountains



The sky is gorgeous today. It's been cloudy all week, so I'm glad to see some blue again!


1 comment:

  1. Keep these posts coming! I am loving keeping up with you! :)

    ReplyDelete