Background

Thursday, August 11, 2011

One. Week.


     I love hourglasses. I have a purple half-hour glass on my chest-of-drawers with my collection of wine glasses. I think I could sit and watch an hour glass all day, watching the sand pour down and pile up. I just think they're so pretty.

     Today marks the last milestone before I leave. One. more. week. Half of me is thinking 'Yay! Finally, after all the planning and waiting and packing, I only have seven more days before I get to go to Ecuador!'. But the other half? It's thinking 'Oh God. I only have seven. more. days. One more week of Mama and Daddy and Molly, one more Sunday at church, one more week of home food and Wal-Mart and my pets and my bed...' Yeah. I think it might have hit me. 
     This week might be the slowest week of my life, and it probably will also be the fastest.


     Before Friday morning, I have to put ten months worth of clothes and shoes; most of teaching and craft supplies, apartment things, bathroom products, and food stuff I can't get in Ecuador (the parents will be USPSing the rest); a few highly selective books; three electric griddles (not mine, I'm just the delivery girl), my laptop, DVDs, and camera...in three suitcases, a duffle bag, a carryon, and a backpack. Total: 240 lbs or less!
 
    {Disclaimer: This is totally and completely just a loose outline, not my entire packing list. Don't be absurd, readers :) I've been loading my packing list into Microsoft Excel for two months now. And yes, I'm OCD, just a little.}
 
     So far, books are my main struggle. Y'all all know I prefer to live with my own library...just look at my room. One wall is solid custom-built bookcases that are very close to full. So, being that books are heavy, I can't take as many as I'd like (around 50 ish haha). I'm having the early symptoms of withdrawals. Since my parents aren't willing to establish a cross-continental lending library, collection of audiobooks: check...download Kindle app on iPhone: double check. 

    
     pray, Pray, PRAY for me this week, and next! I will probably need it more than I've ever needed prayer in my entire life! Thank you all!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I have butterflies for you! I so remember this feeling when I was getting ready to head to Montana! You know what! God is already there and he is blessing and preparing you to join him on this journey! He knows every feeling that you are having and I am so excited that he is giving you the opportunity to go! LOVE YOU sweet girl! I might come see you tomorrow if you are going to be home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ma'am! I'll be home :) Can't wait to see you before I leave!

    ReplyDelete