Background

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Busiest Week of my Life!

     For real! I don't remember ever being so busy, and not knowing a single thing to do about it. With a wedding on the books for Saturday, three weeks left in school, and assorted other dramas popping up here and there, my free time is dwindling!
     This week I'm making a wedding cake, and decorated chocolate strawberries, for a girl I graduated high school with. Get this yall, a zebra print wedding cake! How fun is that? So that's all coming together tomorrow. Today I baked the actual cakes and made the icing that goes under the fondant, and finished up the sugar daisies. Which, I must say, turned out way cooler than I ever expected, especially once I hit them with the luster dust! These are just the yellow ones, but there are also pink, blue, and green.




     Tomorrow I'll roll out and cut the fondant, stack the cake, and attach the ribbon trim. Saturday I get to dip and decorate the strawberries, box the whole kit and caboodle up, drive to the church, and very VERY carefully attach these little sugar flowers and her topper. Pics to come!
     In school, I turned in my last ever report (YAY!) and finished my last ever presentation (WAHOO!). I finished my online classes, save for the exams (booooo). So now I'm down to 8 days, two speeches, one Stats test, and four exams.
     Kudos to my lil sister for placing 5th at HOSA state competitions! First year Allied Health student too! She has a chance to go to the national competition in Anaheim if two of the other girls can't go, so we've got our fingers crossed!    
      This is where the post gets random, but I've had a relatively great week in spite of the busyness, and I want to share the love! First, do you like pecan pie? If you do, oh my. You must try these.

    
They are like little bites of Southern love!
     Second, Audible is having a 50% off sale until the end of April! If you're like me and love audiobooks but hate their prices, jump on this opportunity! Take it from me, they don't have sales very often. 
     Third, I'm super excited to go thrifting with the Ma tomorrow. I love cheap stuff. I've found out just recently that Cato has the cutest jewelry for really cheap, Victoria Secret now sells mini bottles of their purfume for $8-10, and Walmart in Pontotoc has some of their Sally Extreme nail polish on sale for $2. 
     Just to leave you with a laugh, if you're a die-hard clearance girl, get this story: A few weeks ago, I was standing in the checkout line at The Loft, and these ladies behind me caught a look at the ring I had on. They kept going on and on about how gorgeous it was, how they bet I paid a fortune for it, or how it was probably a family heirloom or something. Yeah, that ring? My grandmama bought it at Walls for $4 :) But I let them have their imaginations.

   

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I love when people talk about my purses and I know that they probably came from a thrift store! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine right now came from a thrift store in the Mossy Oak complex in Westpoint. I thought it was all hunting stuff, maybe some Kavu, but nope! Three or four little boutiques hidden in there too!

    ReplyDelete