Background

Monday, April 18, 2011

Things I'm Loving Today

The older I get, the more I appreciate the simpler life. This is what I'm loving right now:

Tea and lemonade. I've been drinking this stuff since my cups had characters on them. If you grew up in the South and have missed out on this exquisite house wine...correct your flaw! The right mix is highly debated, but I'm a straight half-and-half girl.

Floppy old sleepshirts. I've got quite a collection of my dad's ancient tshirts and mama's old sleepshirts. Ain't nothing like falling into bed hugged up in one of those. And they're such the fashion statement! haha

EO Lemon Verbena shampoo. I don't like most fragranced soap/shampoo but this just smells like lemon (not in a Pledge-y or tanning oil kind of way), and it makes your hair so so soft. Well worth hunting it down.

Cake batter. Specifically, my butter cake batter. If I could pick one food to get fat and happy off of, that'd be it. I mean yeah, the cake is great, but nothing compares to the sinful joy of eating cake batter by the spoonful.

Gain Apple Mango Tango. I laughed so hard at my daddy the other day. He said he was in the shower washing his face, and caught a whiff of that Gain, and was like 'Wow! That smells great!'

Green Apple yoga clothes. Fabulous flop clothes, workout clothes, sleep clothes, whatever. Super soft, super cute. TJMaxx carries them too, so not bad on the wallet! I only have a few things of theirs. I did have more, but I think Molly has absorbed them into her wardrobe.

Frosted Rice Krispies. Oh my heavens, yall. Do you realize what an innovation this is? You can eat rice krispies without having to pour sugar on top! It changed my life.

Nash Street. This is a bluegrassy-ish band from the Golden Triangle area. Southern charm, great musicality and harmony. Plus, they're now on iTunes.

My bed. I've spent lots of time on my bed. I mean, I spend lots of quality time in it, so I want it to be amazing. In the summer Egyptian cotton sheets and in the winter old super soft and thin flannel ones. Just the right pillows, that I've 'borrowed' from select hotels around the country. And my cover. Very important, that. I don't care it it's a hundred degrees outside, I'm going to have a comforter and three quilts at least. Hey, that's what fans are for!

Toby. My sweet little fluffy buddy. Best cuddle bud there is! He's so funny when I pick him up and put him on my bed at night. He streeeetches and rolls all over and moans and groans. Basically, he acts like he's going to die from being so comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment