Background

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Worst Fast Food EVER

     Having worked food service for a while now, I have come to expect other food employees to meet a certain standard. Today my expectation was not only not met, but wholly eclipsed.
     This episode occured at Hardees on West Main. I rarely ever go to Hardees, not being a beef eater, but today I thought 'Man, those seasoned curly fries would hit the spot. And bonus, they have homemade milkshakes.' So, I drive up and order, medium curly fries and a chocolate shake.
     I pull up to the window, and I wait. And wait. Nobody comes and says 'Hang on a sec', nobody comes to take my money, nada. For like five minutes, literally. Finally they come to the window, take my money ($7 for fries and a shake! Crap!), and I wait again. What I received was not worth my time or money, or anywhere close. I got an order of the greasiest, almost not-done fries, and a not full shake that still had two inches of solid vanilla ice cream at the bottom. Literally, as the girl hands me the shake, she looks down at it, and kind of shakes it, like that's going to mix it up and magically fill it.
     I was furious. I pay way over fair price for that service and that product? I realize that it's not Harveys or Park Heights, but geez people. If I pay you money for a service, you should at least do your job right if not exceeding expectations.
     That's one thing I'm glad PH instilled in me, a desire to go over and beyond in my job. Combined with my parents teaching me to work my best no matter the task, and the joy of working as a servant, I think I'm well served in work ethic. Take a note, Hardees!

1 comment:

  1. I should have gone there! There's one right next to the sorry Hardees. Plus, their twisted Frosties are my favorite when I'm having a bad day. When a girl orders a large chocolate oreo frosty, people know to back away haha.

    ReplyDelete