Background

Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's A Girl cake

     My cousin Chris called me up Monday, and asked if I'd make a cake for his girl who's about to have their baby. I said 'Sure, when's the baby due'? And he says 'Um, like now.' WHOA time crunch! Haha. For real though, it's supposed to be here sometime this week.
     She (the mama, not the baby) likes the whole french, paris theme, and they are having a girl, so that's what I had to run with. I kind of like having an open design concept...gives me room to play!


     My first thought in these cases is to hit up Google Images, my idea bff. I typed in 'paris' and 'cakes', and this is the typical result:
     

     I like the pink theme, being a girl cake and all (I just hope the baby doesn't pull a 'SURPRISE' and come out little boy!). And I liked some of the elements from all of the cakes. Just not the poodles. Ugh, poodles. French theme or no, poodles won't be appearing on this cake.
     So I started my cake. New cake recipe, amazing! Vanilla cake, vanilla buttercream icing and filling, vanilla flavored fondant. Top layer: white fondant, pink diamond/dot pattern, candy dots around the base, black 'It's A Girl' script. Bottom layer: pink fondant, black and white scroll ribbon trim.


Detail shot

Top of cake

No comments:

Post a Comment