Background

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

100th Post! August Book Lists

This is my 100th blog post for Hello Melrose!!!



I'm so glad I started blogging a year and a half ago. It's been so much fun to do, more than I ever imagined! I always hated keeping a diary or journal, still do, but I'm in my element with my blog. Here's to the next 100 posts!
   

    It's been a good reading month. Went through some new books, revisited some old friends. I've had a super busy month with paperbackswap; I think I've probably mailed out five books and gotten as many in return. That still hasn't gotten old :) At the end of today's post I'll post a list of my books for 'sale' on there, so of any of you guys need or want one of those you can go to their site and get it from me for free, and I'll get a new book in the process.
     I also got a new toy this weekend, a Kindle. My mama has had the basic Kindle, the one with the keyboard, for a while, but a month ago decided she wanted to upgrade to the Kindle Fire. Even though I travel a good bit and I love to read, I had never bought any type of e-reading device because I figured I was doing okay with books, or my iPhone in a pinch. But since I've read a little on the Kimdle, I'm hooked! The non-touchscreen took a little getting used to after three years of iPhone and tablet use, but otherwise I can't find anything I dislike about it. I love the size, the screen is easy on your eyes, and it took no time to learn to operate. Definitely going to be my new best friend for a long time!



AUGUST

Wizard's First Rule - Terry Goodkind
The Stone of Tears - Terry Goodkind
Mistress of the Art of Death - Ariana Franklin
Serpent's Tale - Ariana Franklin
Grave Goods - Ariana Franklin
A Murderous Procession - Ariana Franklin
O Ye Jigs and Juleps - Virginia Carey Hudson
The Cider House Rules - John Irving
The American Heiress - Daisy Goodwin
In the Sanctuary of Outcasts - Neil White
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe - Fannie Flagg
Peony in Love - Lisa See
I am Legend - Richard Matheson

13 for this month, bringing my year to date total up to 90! Wow! I'm attempting to work with the Goodreads website so I can get a button for my blog to count for me how many books I'm reading, but I can't seem to get it to count re-reads as me reading a book. Sad day...but no matter, I'm way ahead of where I thought I'd be by August!


PAPERBACK SWAP BOOKS

A Wedding in December - Anita Shreve
Worth the Risk: Partner/The Art of Deception - Nora Roberts
Vanity Fair - William Makepeace Thackeray
Twenty Wishes - Debbie Macomber
The Tenderness of Wolves - Stef Penney
Sandcastles - Luanne Rice
Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe
Red River - Lalita Tademy
The Prayer of Jabez for Teens - Bruce Wilkinson
Peony in Love - Lisa See
Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens
The Naming - Alison Croggon
The Kings Gold - Yxta Maya Murray
Julie and Julia - Julie Powell
Jesus Freak - DC Talk
The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova
The Ghost - Danielle Steel
Finding Alice - Melody Carlson
The Feast of All Saints - Anne Rice
Even the Stars Look Lonesome - Maya Angelou
The Cider House Rules - John Irving
The Blind Side - Michael Lewis
Black Mountain Breakdown - Lee Smith
74 Seaside Avenue - Debbie Macomber

I'm planning on going through my attic sometime this week, and I know I have a good many books up there than are going to end up posted on PBS, so if anybody needs some new reading material, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment