Background

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 16: What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?



Challenge day 16: What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?

     Okay, this one I'm going to cheat on a little. I don't necessarily think that I can come up with 5 things that I think of as 'great' accomplishments. Yes, you do things every day that are accomplishments. Every little goal you reach is an accomplishment. But being able to call them great...that's a little harder for me.

     I do think that me being able to get this job at Bancorp South is a great accomplishment for me. A lot of people work their whole lives for a job as great as the one I have now. My personal goals I set when I started looking for a new job this summer were that I didn't have to go back to school forever to do it, I would get paid well and have benefits, and that I could go to work and come home happy each day. That's it, pretty simple. Well when this job landed in my lap, I honestly was so surprised and happy I didn't know what to think. I've wanted a job with them since last Christmas but hadn't been able to get it for one reason or another, then all of a sudden I'm sitting behind the teller desk! And I fulfilled all my goals: I only have to go back to school if I want to, and BCS helps me if I do; I have better benefits than I ever dreamed of and a great salary, plus they're very generous with bonuses and encouraging us with raises; and I'm happy - I have come home every day tired but happy in that I am going to love my job and keep loving it for a long, long time.

     This might be strange to some people, but I consider me having traveled so much at such a young age a great accomplishment. Again, I know many people older than me that have never seen the outside of Mississippi, yet I've seen over half of the states in the US and been outside the country multiple times, even by myself, which is an accomplishment all its own. Traveling gives you an opportunity to broaden your mind in a way you'd never be able to sitting at home, and it's just plain fun any way you slice it.

     Even though I'm not happy that I only have an Associates degree, I know that going to college and getting any degree is an accomplishment. Every degree takes hard work, and mine was no different. Even if I'm not planning to stay at that level forever, I know to respect the effort it took to get there.

     
     
     These are the next things I hope to accomplish and I consider them to be very great accomplishments. First, and I've already started this, is to save and invest my money so that I can build up a nest egg. I like to have money already put back if something comes up that I especially want or for any kind of expense I might not have seen coming. Next, I want to find myself a small house somewhere out here in Thaxton or Hurricane hopefully, and start making it mine :) That's what I want next as far as big goals, to have my own place and be independent. Wish me luck on those, they're big things but I don't have any doubt I'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment