Background

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 1: List 20 Random Things About Yourself




     Challenge Day 1: List 20 Random Things About Yourself.

1. I don't chew gum, haven't in years, since high school. I never was a big gum person, and I never missed it after I quit. I probably save tons of money a year over you habitual chewers...that junk is expensive!

2. One of my goals in life is to fill up a passport. I have a separate bucket list just of places I want to go.

3. I don't think I've ever been to a wedding or funeral without meeting some new relative. I think I'm actually to the point of assuming everyone I don't know at those kinds of events is a relative unless I'm told otherwise. Yes, my family is THAT big. 

4. My favorite scents are citrus, fresh homemade bread, rain in the summer, and laundry detergent.

5. I have worn a size 7 1/2 shoe since the 8th grade. 

6. My favorite 'special occasion' food is Sara Lee pecan coffee cake. I eat one for my birthday every year, and as many times as possible in between :)

7. I don't eat beef. No special religious or political convictions, I just don't like it.

8. I used to bite my nails constantly, but now I feel naked if I don't have my nails grown out. Still working on getting used to having polish on them all the time...it's just so much easier au natural! 

9. The weirdest things I've ever eaten have been barbecued iguana, chicken foot stew, and popcorn and squash soup. Of the three, iguana was okay, chicken foot stew was awful, and popcorn and squash soup was amazing!

10. I hardly ever turn the radio in my car on. I always listen to audiobooks when I'm driving. It keeps me awake better in the morning when I'm sleepy, and it makes long drives less boring when I'm tired.

11. I used to have horrible handwriting, but in middle school I made myself learn to write neat so I could have pretty handwriting. Totally worth the effort!

12. My pet peeve in the opposite sex is excessive body hair...like Robin Williams/Kelsey Grammar style body hair. It completely grosses me out! My biggest turn on is a great personality, but I love curly hair and big dark eyes too!

13. I eat colored candy like Skittles and Sweetarts by color, starting with the colors/flavors I don't like and saving the good ones for last.

14. I'm allergic to artificial sweetener. No Splenda, Crystal Lite, diet drinks, or mints with phenylalanine. One mouthful and I have a migraine in the works. Personally, I take that as a sign those things aren't right for the body!

15. I got power tools for Christmas year before last, and I actually use them! I'm pretty handy at DIY/home improvement projects. My daddy raised me right!

16. I have a cartilage piercing in the top of my left ear. You know, it was THE thing to get about five or six years ago if you were a girl. But that's probably as tattoo/piercing crazy as I'll ever get! 

17. I have a bazillion crafty projects I would love to be able to get to do, some I even have the materials already bought for, but I think it might take me ten years worth of spare time to get them all done, not counting all the new ones I find to add to the pile. Darn you Pinterest addiction!  

18. I think if I could pick any talent to have, I'd either be a really awesome singer or a black belt in some kind of martial arts. 

19. When I get a house/apartment of my own I want my first pet to be an adopted dog, something older, small, cuddly and CALM.

20. It's way harder to come up with 20 random things about myself than I ever thought. Geez, my brain hurts!

No comments:

Post a Comment