Background

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 5: What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?



Challenge day 5: What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?

     First, I'd have to say the fact that I have gotten this new job. It's one I've wanted for a long time, missed out on last year, and finally get a chance at it now. I'm excited for a change of pace and environment, and I'm hoping that I have found a niche to get settled and comfortable in, at least for the next few years.

     Second, I love the times I get to spend with my friends now. It's a much rarer thing these days than just a few short years ago, now that we've all grown up and have jobs and live away from each other. As a kid you never expect to value something so simple as dinner with your friends so much, but when it's not something you get a lot, you treasure it when you do.

     Third, strangely enough, but one of my secret joys has always been planning for my future. Not as in my retirement fund, but as in the home I hope to have, what degree I want to go back to school for, or the wedding I want, things like that. I love nothing more than perusing Pinterest or magazines for ideas I can use one day, or shopping for hours without buying anything just so I can find things I like for later.

     Fourth, one of the things that has always made me the happiest, and been my source of calm and stress relief, is playing the piano. I don't have to play every day or even every week, and Lord knows sometimes I go in there and play like I haven't touched the thing in years, but when I do I'm in my own world and I can just lose myself in it. 

     Fifth, I love to read. I hate it for you if you don't like to, because you're missing out on so much. You can learn a lot from the internet, or tv, or from other people, but if you're a reader it's just a whole other world. I used to think I'd love to be a librarian when I grew up, because I could go to work and all I'd have to do all day long is read books haha. In hindsight, I kind of hate that isn't true...I could really rock at that job!

No comments:

Post a Comment