Background

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 2: Describe 3 legitimate fears you have



Challenge day 2: Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.

I'm only going to tell you my three fears, because I don't think you can really tell 'why' you're scared of something unless you just have this defining moment that gave you a specific fear, which I don't really have for my three.

1. Heights. I hate heights. From ladders to balconies to zip lines to skydiving. I don't know why, but I just get this sick feeling in my stomach when I look over that edge and I'm nowhere close to solid ground. I try to be mature about it though. I have no problem with airplanes - my feet are firmly on the floor of the plane, so it's okay. I love riding roller coasters, so I just don't look down when I'm at the tops. I reluctantly climb ladders when I have to paint trim or change lightbulbs. And I've climbed to the top of a lighthouse and rode to the top of the Empire State Building, the St. Louis Arch, and Pikes Peak. I don't care to do any of those again, but hey, I can say I've done it.

2. Spiders. I'd almost rather take heights than spiders. With heights you can at least close your eyes and it's not so bad. Spiders are no less nasty creepy any way you take them. And some even freaking jump and bite. Not even fair play. FYI future husband - killing spiders will officially fall under your list of duties.  


3. Having my home destroyed by fire or a tornado. It scares me, even though I have no reason to believe that either one of these would ever happen to me, at least any more than the average person. I'm not even scared of storms, and I probably have less fear of fire or hot things than the average human. I just have so many things with memories attached to them, so many precious family heirlooms and pictures that can never be replaced, that I wouldn't know what to do if I lost them. Things like couches and cars and clothes can be replaced, but the things you love can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment