Background

Friday, September 21, 2012

FYBF: New Job Fun!



Borrowed from thedomesticatedme.blogspot.com

     
     Anybody else SOOOO glad it's finally FRIDAY?!?!? I've had a great week, but I don't think I've ever been so ready for a Friday to get here. I'm finally finished with my training for my teller job at BancorpSouth, and my brain is tired! There's so much information to absorb and remember, so many procedures you have to be familiar with and follow to the letter, all kinds of forms to know and remember which one to use and when. After two weeks of all that I was getting a little bit of information overload. 

     This week I finally got to begin working a teller window on my own - with a little supervision from my trainer Cori, just to make sure I'm being a good little teller. I worked the drive-through for the first time tonight as well; I think that's my favorite thing so far. I like actually working much better than reading manuals and working computer simulation modules! I'm a very hands-on, learn by doing person so I've learned much more working the window than in the simulations. 
     Next Monday comes the big day...I leave the training nest for a window of my own and all the fun stuff it comes with. I already got my first BancorpSouth t-shirt, but I'm really excited for that little nameplate saying Alyssa to sit in front of my window :) Y'all can all come see me down at teller window #2. 
     Honestly, I'm more excited than nervous. My trainer has been great at letting me work with her and covering all the topics I need to know even outside the manuals. I don't think I've ever been so thoroughly trained at any job, and I'm very thankful for that! Working with money, especially some of the bigger transactions, you want to be as careful as possible and as sure of yourself as you can. At this point both my bosses and I want me to focus on being correct, not fast, but I can already tell my counting out is getting faster and easier, and I'm more sure about processing my transactions. Next week will really seal the deal for me as far as really hammering in that learning!   

     Monday when I get my in my window and all the cool accessories, I promise to take pics and update. See y'all back then!
    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment